EPF Caxito is one of the longer established schools having started training primary teachers since 1996. It is located in Bengo Province and has been training teachers for 20 years. The school has graduated a total of 1,087 students, of whom approximately one third are female.
Project Activities and Results
EPF Caxito currently has Teams 2014, 2015 and 2016. Team 2014 is on long-term teaching practice, while the other two teams are at the school.
- Team 2014: 77 students, 33 female and 44 male
- Team 2015: 74 students, 32 female and 42 male
- Team 2016: 80 students, 35 female and 45 male
The Effects of the Project
- EPF Caxito continues to play an important role in the education system in the province. Hundreds of graduates are working in schools or education offices. Trainees contribute during both 2nd and 3rd Year, first at local primary schools and subsequently at rural schools.
- EPF Caxito opens its doors to the community, and organizes cultural and sporting events for the benefit of all.
- Community actions help raise awareness about common diseases and mobilize people to join activities aimed at maintaining the environment clean and safe.