National Forum of Malaria partners
The National Forum of Malaria Partners was established in 2007, as an initiative of the National Malaria Control Program (PNCM). The immediate aim was to foster a broad public-private partnership with civil society, ensuring support to PNCM in the implementation of the National Strategic Plan for Malaria. The long term goal was to to make the fight against malaria in Angola more effective, contributing to strengthening the national health system and reducing the burden of disease.
ADPP Angola has held the Presidency of the Forum since 2012.
Activities carried out by Forum members include:
- Institutional strengthening of the PNCM
- Social Mobilization for behaviour change
- Support for the National Malaria Programme, provincial and municipal departments of health and clinics to update diagnosis and treatment strategies.
- Acquisition of antimalarials, laboratory and Rapid Diagnostic Tests
- Research and studies
- Anti-Vectorial Activities
- Acquisition and distribution of mosquito nets